So today we had our first meeting with Early Intervention for Joe. I called because I am concerned about his speech, or more appropriately the lack there of, at this point in time he has less than 5 words. 18 months old should be using 15-20 words regulary. So the lady met with me and wrote down all my concerns and completed with me the Ages and Stages questionnaire, during which I had to re-assure her that there are times when Joe is upset for over an hour if I leave. I think she just wanted to be sure I understood...and I did, you can call Ryan or my mom to verify if you like :)
So our next step is the evaluation. I am curious to see how Joe will do. He does not like new people.
3 comments:
Good luck to Joe:)
Oh - I thought it was only Ryan that he cried for so long for! Your mom too?
Hopefully it's just a case of "stubborn boy" and nothing more.
Hi -- My twin boys are 20 months old and have less than 5 words each. We are starting the process for EI and an evaluation as well...
Post a Comment