Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wake Up! Wake Up! Wake Up!

I'm stealing this idea from my friend, Cathy, over at the Tub...



  • 5 ish am--Emily climbs into bed with me
  • 6:00 am--alarm goes off, hit snooze
  • 6:15 am--alarm goes off, hit snooze, turn on Fox news, catch the weather
  • 6:25 am--alarm goes off again, roll out of bed, grab Emily's clothes, tell her to get dressed while I am in the shower...
  • 6:30 am--hop in the shower, Emily turns TV to channel 11
  • 6:50 am--Get out of the shower, tell Emily to get dressed.
  • 6:55 am--Get dressed, tell Emily to get dressed a little louder.
  • 7:00 am--Grab Joe out of his crib, change him, dress him, realize I miss when I could just dress Emily with no complaints. Turn off the TV and tell Emily to get dressed NOW or I will be late for work. Emily starts whining/crying about turning off the TV.
  • 7:01 am--Emily decides that her socks, shirt, pants, etc. are uncomfortable and needs to choose something different
  • 7:05 am--Joe and I go downstairs to get lunches out, backpacks, etc ready.
  • 7:10 am--Shout up to Emily that she better be dressed or I will be really upset, and to brush her teeth.
  • 7:15 am--Put Joe's shoes on, Shout to Emily, 'We have to LEAVE!!'
  • 7:17 am--Emily comes down, then takes 5 minutes to decide what to have for breakfast (she only really has 2 or 3 options, but can't rush those life changing decisions)
  • 7:25 am--Walk kids to the babysitter. Say good-bye.
  • 7:30 am--Get in the car, leave, and wonder why I don't just get up 15 minutes earlier.
  • 7:40 am--Arrive at work :)

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I always wonder why I don't always put the bag together the night before. Or make my lunch the night before. Or any of that stuff. That - and I could, or well, should wake up 15 minutes earlier.
Glad to see I'm not the only one that needs to constantly remind my kid to GET DRESSED.