I treated myself to some alone shopping. As much as I love having my kids along, it is next to near impossible to shop for clothes with them along. And with school starting back up this week, I could use a few new item. Plus who doesn't love a new outfit for the first day of school! A trip to the local shoe store was also needed... where I found some awesome shoes. They are called Softspots...and the insole has like that memory foam stuff in them. They are super comfortable, which makes it easier to be on my feet all day chasing around my class. The only thing--they were $60. Normally I do not spend that much on shoes or really any item of clothing in general, but I rationalize that maybe spending that much would make my work days--which starts on Tuesday--more enjoyable :)
I have friends that do the purse thing--Coach, $300 a pop. Others that do shoes, sweathers--etc. I guess I don't really have a 'thing' that I splurge on-unless my new $60 shoes count! Maybe it's because I am worried that I will end up with a big paint stain on them...
So what's your thing?
2 comments:
I never feel too guilty spending a lot on shoes. I usually buy two pairs each school year - one black and one brown - I'll splurge on them because I need them to be comfy. I'll also spend more for a good pair of walking shoes - and the service that goes with having someone help me figure out what works with my sensitive feet.
The other thing I'll splurg on is makeup. I can blame Kathryn and her high income/no kids way of shopping and thinking, but I do love my makeup. (as much as that is possible) Plus - I don't have to buy makeup often at all.
I splurged when I bought my wedding shoes - Chanel, and they cost more than my wedding dress. Other than that, I splurge on good running shoes (good for me = $120) and usually buy a new wallet from Coach (the mini skinny line) for around $48 once a year. Oh, and I splurge on skin care products and spa treatments. And the occasional bottle of really good wine. Mmmm...
Post a Comment